Sunday, October 14, 2012

Life Changing Green Juice


I attended the Ladies' Homesteading Gathering Retreat this weekend and learned a lot about living well.  The Ladies' Homesteading Gathering is a group of women interested in the homesteading (read: trying to be self-sufficient) lifestyle.  It was a wonderful weekend of learning, fellowship and food!  I don't know that I could pick a favorite class, but I definitely found my new favorite snack, courtesy of juicer extrodannaire, Valerie.  She is a juicing advocate and an inspiration to all who aspire to consume more raw foods.  My favorite juice was one she calls Morning Metabolism Boost.  I modified it slightly to take advantage of things we had growing on the farm right now.

Valerie's Morning Metabolism Boost
2 cucumbers
2 stalks celery
2 apples
1 handful arugula
1/2 knob of ginger root
1 ounce apple cider vinegar (don't skip this!  It really brings the juice together.)
1/4 tsp cinnamon

You could also add a beet in there.  I tried that tonight and it was delish!

1 comment: